Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Droddy Boys Day Out

Each day that I'm here, I try to get out of the house at least once--mainly for my sanity! Usually it's just to walk down the hill to the small grocery store near us or to the Greek Restaurant that's nearby or up the hill to the Babies Home. Today one of the other families, me & Gideon reserved a driver and van and headed into Kampala with no real agenda--just to get out for the day. Our first stop was the Oasis Mall. Ok, so there are plenty of locals here BUT there is a definite appeal for foreigners! (i.e. a mzungu like me--this is what white people are called)

At the mall is a coffee shop (actually more of a restaurant) called:


It REALLY appeals to foreigners...they have good coffee and great food. I got a cafe au lait and a chocolate croissant. Both very delicious!


After spending way too much money at Nakumatt--kind of a Ugandan version of Wal-Mart--we tried a new restaurant....Chinese food, of all things! The name of the restaurant was:

It was actually a nice place--the food was just OK. Glad we went though. I was worn out afterward. Gideon was fussy and fidgety because he was tired. I think he must have had too much to eat because he threw up a little. He fell asleep on the way home.

Just a little update...we got an update tonight and have still not heard anything about a court date. Hopeful to hear something tomorrow. Please continue to pray!

No comments: