Friday, April 29, 2011

A month ago today...

What were you doing a month ago? Well, for us, we were arriving in the city of Kampala! This has been my city for the past month. I remember that first week...it was eye-opening to say the least. Once we got our bearings, things were better. I now at least feel comfortable here--I'm not saying that I've gotten used to power outages, taxi rides, boiling water, cold showers, etc, just that I understand how to function here. BUT a month in this city means a month away from the ones who mean the most to me. Here are some pics from the Shreveport airport a month ago. Wish I could hug these guys like I did on that day. There were tears then and, sometimes, there are tears now longing to be home with the fam! Hopefully soon!
Poor Jonah. His eyes were puffy from allergies. Hopefully not puffy now! BOO, pollen!

Sweet Seth with that winning smile. I love that smile.

I know that Abram has grown so much in a month. I can tell just by talking to him. I could give that guy a squish-you-guts hug right now!



Thankful for my family....and especially for my sweet, strong Mary. What a godly, awesome woman I have. She knows how to get it done and right now she's gettin' in done without me. I appreciate and love her very much. Just thought you might want to know!!


By the way, things in Kampala were a little crazy today. Riots, protests, tires burning in the streets. Nothing has really affected our immediate area but it has affected downtown which is where we have to go on Monday for our court date. Hopefully all will be well by then!







1 comment:

lauraharness said...

jamey, we are praying so stronly for you and strength to get through this tough time! I finally got to see this bog, I can't believe we haven't seen these yet, so I went back and read them all. Oh my, I cried and just can't wait for you 2 to be back with the other 4 Droddy's! Hang in there and know how our hearts really cry out to God for you and Gideon to be back safe here super soon!We love you and thank you for this blog! love ya, Laura