Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thank you Loving Hearts

Even though I'm not close to coming home yet, we hosted a small party for the staff at Loving Hearts Babies Home to show our appreciation for their work and ministry in caring for our Gideon. This morning I made some square cupcakes and one of our housemates helped me make the icing. Another adoptive family joined in and gave bags of rice to the staff as a thank you and a way to bless each of them.
Not all of the staff could be there today. Apparently, since this is a holiday weekend, children are out of school and many people are at home preparing for the Easter holiday. Each of the staff members who were there went around and each said a word of encouragement for our family. We also sang together. I read a thank you note that Mary had written to the staff. I got really choked up reading it and I mumbled a few words afterword. I cannot explain how awesome it has been meeting the "aunties" and other staff who have cared for our son from the beginning of his life. This is a special place with some special people.

On the court date front, we found out that we will not have a court date before May 1. Please continue to lift our family up. We know that God has a purpose in all this. Pray that we would be found faithful no matter our circumstances.

No comments: