Monday, April 25, 2011

Things I take for granted!

Ok, so 3 weeks into our Ugandan adventure, I realize how many things I take for granted back home. Thought I thought I would make a list:
**Power that's always on and water that always works.
**Hot (even warm) showers.
**A washing machine in which I can wash my clothes. Oh, and a dryer, instead of hanging them on a line.


**Being able to travel around without being dependent on a driver or a taxi.
**Climate controlled buildings.
**Sleeping without a mosquito net. (in fact, just not having to worry about mosquito-transmitted diseases)


**Ready access to quality MEAT!!
**Being able to drink water from the tap.

**Seeing my wife and kids EVERYDAY!
I'm sure there are more things. But these will do for now. Even though I take these things for granted and I'm thankful for them, I know that they are really not that important--except for the last one!!

By the way, little Gideon slept through the night the past 2 nights. We'll see how tonight goes. (funny that when I was writing this, G started crying. He's good now!)

No comments: