Thursday, April 28, 2011

If they put me in the zoo...

My housemates and I were thinking of ways to pass the time while we are all waiting....today we went to the zoo in Entebbe (about and hour away).





























Below, you will see the crested crane...it's on Uganda's flag.























I like this friendly reminder from zoo management...notice the lion in the background.






















This guy is feeding the chimpanzees. He sits on one side of a moat and hurls fruit and veggies to the chimps on the other side. It was awesome to watch.






















Here are two of the chimps on the receiveing end. There were at least a dozen. Really cool.























Speaking of monkeys...on the way out we saw this guy on the roof of the welcome plaza. Yeah, that's right, monkeys roaming free, no cages. BECAUSE THEY LIVE IN AFRICA! It was so funny. He's pretty cute.












Yeah, they were really close. One of my housemates threw one a banana and they started coming from everywhere. They even followed us to our car in the parking lot. One even jumped up on my window. Crazy!








However, if there was ever an emergency caused by the monkeys or any other animal, all I would have to do is call this simple numb....I mean, one of these four simpl...I mean of one of these four, ten-digit numbers.......let's just not have an emergency!!




















The zoo is located right along Lake Victoria. Here we are coming back from trying to find the giraffes. We only saw one little one in the distance. Good thing they had two life-size, anatomically correct giraffe statues in the parking lot. I'll spare you the picture.



























In case you didn't know, rhinos are HUGE. AND I was pretty close to this one. I could have gotten even closer. The fence was just 3 rails that you could easily climb through. I chose not to.























Did I mention that I got to ride a camel? I could have ridden a donkey but the camel was a better choice. It was only about $.40 to ride. What a deal!





















Gideon and I had a great day at the zoo. We'll see what tomorrow holds!





















(Sorry for the formatting on this post. Blogger is doing crazy things!)

No comments: