Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection Day.

It's definitely a bummer spending a holiday away from family. However, it's always good to make the best of any situation. Today, this meant attending church at Gaba Community Church. Gideon and I went to the 8am service. I was running late and got there at 830am. There was still another hour of music and performances then preaching and some other stuff. Needless to say, G didn't last the whole time. No problem. We got to hang outside and talk to some folks before we headed back "home".


We ended the day with a "family" dinner made by some of my housemates. The guys and I took a taxi to the grocery store to get supplies. We didn't get any meat because it was pretty pricey and we didn't see anything that really tickled our fancy. Anyway, we had quite the array of side dishes--mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, tomato and cucumber salad, baked beans, fried zucchini, biscuits and tzatziki spread from Go Greek. It was all VERY good.

We finished with some banana pudding. The funny thing is that all the of the dishes had to be adapted a little bit to fit the ingredients we could find. Everything turned out really well.


As you can tell, I really enjoyed the food on my plate. It's a happy plate for a happy belly.

While I wish that I was at home with my family, I know that I can worship and reflect on the resurrection of Christ wherever I am. I am thankful for what God is teaching us as we continue on this journey!

No comments: