Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The big move.

I've been in Uganda for 5 1/2 weeks. We spent one week at the babies home and then 4 1/2 weeks at the Bridge Africa guest house. Time for the next chapter. Moved to the Baptist Mission of Uganda today. The straw that broke the camel's back is that the guest house didn't have water for 3 days. So I packed up....
It was actually sad to leave a place that I had developed such a routine in. Oh well, I have the next 3 weeks to develop a new routine before I head home. The saddest part was saying goodbye to this fan. It is capable of blowing your face off...it's awesome.

The gardner at the BMU planned a very special welcome for me. He built me a giant bonfire to say "hello". Ok, so he was just tidying up the property but look at the size of this fire. This would be a no-no in the city back home. Perfectly fine in Kampala. People are burning stuff all the time.

Check out the shirt that I put on Gideon today. He's my little buddy right now. Where I go, he goes. Good to spend this time with him. Also ready for him to have some mommy-time as well...just as much, I would like some daddy time with the other boys.

1 comment:

lauraharness said...

that's precious jamey! I am glad you are getting this bonding time, know you are ready as you say to see the other 3 sons, keeping you in prayer, sorry you had to move, sad they have been out of water, that would be very hard especially for 3 days! love you!