Thursday, May 12, 2011

Looking forward.

Got to have a long conversation with Mary today. Refreshing. I miss that lady.



We told the boys before I left that we would all take a family vacation this summer since we didn't take the boys with us to Uganda AND we've spent so much time apart. Mary said that Jonah's been reminding her that we said that. SO, we are trying to figure out a place and time to go. It's exciting to think about getting away to a place that is NOT Uganda. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate all that I have been learning about Uganda and how it's become my home away from home. BUT, it's going to be nice to spend time together as a WHOLE family. Any suggestions?


Slow day in Uganda. Had to walk into the yard at 5pm just to say that I had gotten out of the house today. The presidential inauguration was today so we stayed close to home to avoid crowds, protests, and any nonsense that might be occurring in the city. I enjoy the peace and quiet that I'm experiencing but I look forward to the chaos of my home--all the boys talking to me simultaneously, jumping, wrestling...you get the picture. Can't wait.


By the way, my webcam has some weird effects...I randomly implement these when I'm skyping with the boys. For example....


I know...I'm really cool!

No comments: