Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ready to say goodbye to....

One of the challenges of being away from home for so long is that you have to make due with what you have. I mean, you can only fit so much in your suitcase. I need to preface this with the fact that I am very thankful for the things I have here at my disposal--I'm not trying to be a complainer! That begin said, I am ready to say goodbye to....

The Bumbo seat. Bumbo, you have come in handy when it's time to give my little guy some baby food BUT I'm so sick of having to sit on the floor and wrestle Gideon to sit still. Why can't you magically transform yourself into a high chair so I can strap my little guy in and feed him at eye level! While you're at it, can you make high chairs appear at all the restaurants in Kampala. Eating is always better when you can use two hands. Goodbye...boiling bottles EVERYDAY. Bottles, I am sick of you. I know I need you but I'm tired of looking at you. Why are there only 4 of you? Where are all your friends? Why can't there be more of you so I don't have to boil you EVERYDAY? And finally....GOODBYE (hopefully soon) Baby Bjorn. I will not miss the aching back you give me. I will not miss the sweat spot you leave on my shirt. I will not miss the kicks in the crotch. Goodbye and good riddance!

1 comment:

kb thomas said...

this entry literally made me laugh out loud. so glad you get to come home soon with Gideon and leave all that stuff behind.