Thursday, May 5, 2011

Every Family has a Story!

One of the blessing of this trip has been to meet other adoptive families. We have met several of these families who have been drawn to Uganda like we have. You would think that we would all have pretty similar stories BUT I have learned that every story, every case, every adoption is so very unique--I guess because the kids we are adopting are each so unique.


The first week we were in Uganda, we actually lived in the Babies Home where Gideon had been staying. And since then, for the past 4 weeks, we have been fortunate to share a house with 2 other couples. Before we came here we thought we would be doing a lot of things on our own BUT we were pleasantly surprised to find that we were surrounded by new friends going through the same things we have been.


So, pray for us, but also pray for the Caldwells and the Ribbens and many other families who are navigating the same process that we are! OH, you can read the Ribbens' story here.


As an update, we are still waiting for the judge to reschedule our (fourth) court date. He is also asking for some additional paperwork that we have already pulled together. Today, I rebooked my flight for 5/27! Yeah, I know, the 27th seems ridiculously far away BUT...well, I thought May 6th seemed far away when we left Shreveport on March 31! I'll keep you all posted.
This is a picture of our commune...I mean, house that we live in. Pretty nice, eh?

No comments: