Sunday, May 22, 2011

Muyenga Baptist.

Gideon and I were able to worship again today at Muyenga Baptist Church. The church is just about a 15 minute walk from our guest house--a short but hilly walk!
I think I mentioned before that the church is on the side of one of the hills here. From the doors and windows you have a great 180 degree view over the surrounding area. This little guy is playing one of the drums used for worship.

It's funny...African men do NOT take care of children. So I often have African women trying to take Gideon and care for him. They're just trying to help. Even the kids try to lend a hand. The girl with the white earrings is Grace. She is the pastor's daughter. She has sat by me for the past two Sundays. She really likes Gideon. She is very sweet.

Here she is dancing with Gideon after the service. Isn't he big stuff.

Here I am with my new friend Edson. He is a college student. He lives and helps out at the BMU where I am staying. He goes to this church and has been my host for these past two weeks. I've really enjoyed getting to know him. He's a great guy....helps me stay connected to college students!!

Pray that I would be able to get Gideon's passport by Tuesday. This is the vital step to insure that I will be able to leave on Friday. Otherwise, I'll have to wait another week.

No comments: