Sunday, May 15, 2011

Worship.

I'm still getting to know the area around the guest house I'm staying at now. Found out that there's a church I could walk to. I didn't know if I wanted to brave getting out with G in the heat and sitting through a couple of hours of a service. Glad I did. The church I had been to before was very large. Today I went to Muyenga Baptist Church. Much smaller but sweet congregation.

The church was literally on the side of a hill up a dirt path. This is the view from the road!



Also, you had to pass an old quarry to get to the church. This picture does not do justice to just how deep it was. The green dot that look like moss or something are acutally big lily pads on the pond at the bottom of the cliff.



On the homefront, we found a snail on the wall of our patio. It was huge. We think the little trail at the top (bottom?) of the snail is a trail of poop. Disgusting and fascinating.


Finally, one of the girls who had been staying at the guest house flew out today and left behind a partial pack of nutty bars. Now, Mary knows how much I like these. That's why we usually dont buy them! Needless to say it was a nice treat!

2 comments:

angie said...

so glad you enjoyed the nutty bars :) i know how exciting that must have been!

Anonymous said...

Iam a member of this church and it is my pleasure reading these articles.So is there a way of reaching u pipo.(Muyenga Baptist Church)
God Bless u.Geofrey