Friday, May 13, 2011

Thank you, Inventor of Skype.






Thank you, Skype Inventor.....


Okay, so Jamey is usually the one chronicling his African adventures, or lack there of, with each daily post. So, while he is sleeping on the other side of the globe, I figured I would give it a go.


I'll give you some perspective from my end, pretty much the same every day......looking at my husband and son...or the boys looking at their father and sometimes their baby brother through a computer screen. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for phones, but being able to actually see the person you are talking with is MUCH better!! Abram often kisses and or tries to hug the screen...very cute.


I never skyped until now.


We are all having a good time seeing and hearing Jamey & Gideon through skype...unless there is a power outage in Uganda.....which happens frequently. I remember being on the other side of the screen.....looking at 3 of my boys through the computer, seeing my living room in the background. It made me sad every time I saw it, longing to be home. Jamey is my hero because for 6 weeks now that is all he has seen of 3 of his boys and for the last 3 weeks all he has seen of me....and home.


God is good....every time I skype I am reminded of God's goodness and his ability to sustain even in the difficult times. He provides peace and comfort through just being able to communicate daily with my husband, best friend, and father of our 4 boys!!


Seth asked me the other day if we could skype Jesus. I told him that is what prayer is for. :)

No comments: