Sunday, May 8, 2011

Special Occassion Double Dose

It's not often that you get to celebrate two big days in one! Today is May 8, the day that Abram James Droddy entered the world. I am so thankful for this little guy. He's our only Louisiana-born kid..and I still remember that day so clearly. I remember the 8-day stay in the NICU and how tough that was. I remember how people always used to ask if he ever cried. He was such a sweet, pleasant baby (they don't ask that anymore, btw!).
Now, he has so much personality, especially as he tries to keep up with his big brothers. And CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW BIG THIS KID HAS GOTTEN IN 5 WEEKS-I mean, granted, it's been 5 weeks but c'mon, this guy is HUGE!

He's still not too big for some daddy hugs and I can't wait to give them. Hopefully soon. Until then, I'll keep calling and skyping and downloading pics that Mary sends. Look how huggable this guy is!

Can't forget Mothers's Day! I'm so thankful for my Mary. She is a wonderful wife and excellent mother. She is totally outnumbered in our house-o-boys but she holds her own. What a godly example she is to these fellas. Glad she and I get to herd these guys through life together. Thanks to our friends for helping the boys honor their mother while I'm away.

No comments: