Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New Creation.

In the last few days our Jonah has expressed an interest in making Christ his Savior and being baptized. He has been asking questions for awhile--it's neat to see how understanding has unfolded in his heart--AND that God will continue to work to mold him into the person He wants.

We have imagined this time for awhile. I'm excited but wish I was there to speak with him face to face. It's been good to talk with him over Skype and Mary's been talking with him. Mary and I have tried to strike a balance between talking frequently about following Christ with our kids while still allowing them to arrive at the place of salvation in their own time. It can be a tough balance to strike. Praise God that He works in spite of us!

My prayer for Jonah (I read this today):

I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, would give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened so you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the glorious riches of His inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeaurable greatness of His power to us who believe, according to the work of His vast strength.
Ephesians 1:17-19


No comments: